PERFECT PAIRINGS | Pumpkin Spice Scones
Fall is in the air and everyone is in the mood for a little somethin' pumpkin! We whipped up a batch of pumpkin scones using our Pumpkin Spice Creamed Honey. This recipe contains the perfect balance of fall spices with just a hint of sweetness. The secret of course, is adding an extra drizzle of Pumpkin Spice Creamed Honey on top. You could even go all out and add it to your coffee or tea for the ideal snack on a cozy fall afternoon!
Pumpkin Spice Scones
-2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
-2 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
-1/4 tsp ground ginger
-1/8 tsp ground cloves
-1/4 cup light brown sugar
-3 Tbsp granulated sugar
-1/2 cup unsalted butter
-1/2 cup pumpkin puree (chilled)
-3 1/2 Tbsp buttermilk
-1 large egg
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 Tbsp Stubbees Pumpkin Spice
Creamed Honey (plus extra for
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk together dry ingredients until well blended.
3. Dice butter into 1/2 inch pieces, add to dry ingredients and cut in until large pieces of butter are no longer visible (mixture should be fine and crumbly).
Create a well in the center of the mixture.
4. In a separate bowl whisk together chilled pumpkin puree, buttermilk, egg, vanilla, and honey. Pour wet mixture into well in the center of dry mixture.
5. Stir together with a wooden spoon to incorporate and then knead by hand several times to bring it together.
6. Flip dough onto floured work surface, form dough into 8-inch disk, and slice into eight equal wedges.
7. Transfer scones to parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
8. Top with extra drizzle of honey and enjoy!
Click below to download the printable recipe card!